At the congregational meeting in June our congregation approved to begin collecting funds for a capital appeal to address some building maintenance and improvement for our sanctuary space. Worship is central to who we are as a community, so taking care of our sanctuary space is of utmost importance. Our appeal is seeking to raise $70,000 as part of our first phase of improvements to our sanctuary space. As part of this first phase we will be repairing exterior masonry that is causing water leaks around the stained glass windows, fix the plaster that is crumbling in the sanctuary, paint the interior of the whole sanctuary, and lay new carpet in the sanctuary. In other phases of the sanctuary appeal we will be addressing the pipe organ and further restoration of our stained glass windows.
Below are ways that we hope members of our congregation and community will prayerfully consider supporting in the coming year as we give of our time, our talents and our treasures to maintain the space that our community uses for worship and sanctuary space.
Ways you can support our capital appeal:
- Consider giving a special one time gift to the appeal
- Make a pledge to the Appeal.
- Consider increasing your weekly and monthly support by designating additional funds to the capital campaign in your offering
- Consider donating other assets to the church (stocks and bonds)
Ways to support using your time and talents:
- Consider holding a lemonade stand and donating the revenues to the capital appeal
- Get together with a team of St. Mark’s folks to organize a benefit dinner or bag bingo.
- Support one of our ongoing fundraisers Octoberfest or Easter Eggs to help bolster our Fundraising revenue
- Help create a “GoFundMe”
- Ask for donations to the appeal instead of presents this year.
With the support of our whole community we can make this first phase a reality this year. As always, thank you for all you do to support the ministries of St. Mark’s.