St. Mark’s is known far and wide as the “Easter Egg” Church, for the past 100 years St. Mark’s has been making Easter Egg candies as a fundraiser to support the church.
Each Spring members of the congregation and folks from around the community gather to hand make all the candies that we sell that year. Some people have been making these candies their whole life long and some families are even beginning to pass the tradition from one generation to the next. All are welcome to participate in the candy making process and volunteers are trained each night as we teach you (or discover) what job in the candy making process fits you best! Some are better on Monday nights working with the Fondant – cutters, rollers, or helping in the kitchen; some better on Wednesday night working with the Chocolate – coaters, fixers, and tray helpers; some help on Friday morning weighing the candy and packing it in the boxes ready for order fulfillment. It takes a whole group of people to make this industry a long standing tradition. Each year we manufacture Coconut Eggs, Peanut Butter Eggs, and Mint Eggs. By far our most popular are our Sweet Coconut Eggs, but our mints and Peanut Butter are also a favorite.
Egg production begins the week of January 8th and will run until the middle of March depending on orders.
This year Volunteers are needed to help with the Easter Egg Candy Production and you don’t have to be a member of the church to get into this Conshohocken Tradition!
Monday Evening – 6:00-8:30 volunteers are need to help cut and roll out the fondant to make the candies
Wednesday Evening – 6:00-8:30 hands are welcome to volunteer to help us coat the candies in chocolate, each egg is hand coated!!
Friday Morning – 9:00 – 11:00 volunteers are needed to help pack the candies in boxes and fulfill our orders.
If you would like to place an order for Eggs:
- Please note that egg orders are filled on a first come, first serve basis – so get your orders in early, add on orders are added to the list and will be fulfilled if there are those left.
- You can place your order by calling our Order Co-Ordinator Donna Kobi 610.825.3021
- You can use our online order form
- You can place your order in person on any of the production nights (Monday and Wednesday)
- Orders are taken up all the way though the end of production, but orders received by February 23rd are guaranteed production.
If you placed an order:
- Please note that our Order Coordinator will be calling you once orders have been fulfilled and are ready for pickup.
- Pick up times are Monday evenings from 6pm – 7:45pm, Wednesday 6pm – 7:45pm and Friday mornings from 9am – 10:30am.
- We accept Cash or Check upon pickup.
- We can ship, but you will need to pay for shipping.
Special Banquet Celebration – Friday April 20th Celebrating 100 Years of Production
More details coming soon – but save the date! All will be welcome to celebrate with us!